The Arizona Transportation Education Foundation (ATEF) was founded to operate exclusively for charitable, educational, research, environmental and/or scientific purposes. To fulfill its mission, ATEF:
- Promotes and advances highway safety and a safe trucking industry through research, education, and promotional projects.
- Fosters educational opportunities for individuals in the transportation industry in part through the awarding of scholarships.
- Develops and conducts educational activities and media programs about safety.
- Helps to improve the public's understanding of the transportation and trucking industry and, through such knowledge, to drive more safely around large trucks and buses.
Why was the ATEF formed?
The foundation was formed to allow it to qualify for many different types of grants—both private and governmental—that can be used to support the Foundation’s mission in areas like safety and environment. In addition to grants, safety and training programs, the Foundation may administer industry scholarships, research projects and efforts to educate the public about the critical role of trucking.
How are the Foundation's programs funded?
ATEF is funded through cash donations, grants and special fundraising events, and may accept endowments, real property and other assets. Donations to ATEF are tax deductible as charitable contributions on the tax returns of persons making such donations.
ATEF Board of Directors 2011-2013
Chairman: Robert "Chip" Dircks, Dircks Moving & Logistics
Sec/Treasurer: Kevin Knight, Knight Transportation
Gary Doyle, Baumann, Doyle, Paytas & Bernstein P.A.
William Ewing, Hurley Transportation Companies
Ken Palmer, Transtar Insurance Brokers Inc.
Jeff Riley, Thermo King West
Faye Stewart, Faye Stewart Transportation Service LLC
Tony Bradley, Arizona Trucking Association
Events are described in detail deeper on the website. Click on the event for details.
- May 3, 2013: 2013 ATA Spring PAC Golf Tournament. Check the Networking & Events page for details.
- May 20-23: 2013 Call on Washington (COW). Check the Networking & Events page for details.
- June 21, 2013: Escort Vehicle Training & Certification. Check the CED page for details.